Thursday, November 8, 2012

Victory Speech


This week I am featuring famous words by famous Americans.   Well, I'm sure you have heard by now that the US election is over and President Obama has been elected to a second term as President of the United States.  

After the election was finished,  President Obama gave a Victory Speech.  You can watch it at the New York Times website.  The link below has the video of the 20 minute speech broken down into key moments.  So, you can watch the whole thing or just a small part.  It also has the transcript so you can read a long with the video.  

NY Times Interactive Victory Speech

I'm a not so famous American and people don't normally ask me for a quote.  However, I recently won an award for talking about American Culture and English.  I have to give my own victory speech at the award ceremony.  I only have 1 minute to talk though.  I wonder what I should say.  Any ideas?  Leave your suggestions in the comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment