Thursday, December 20, 2012

Laundry Day


Laundry Day!  I have no more clean clothes and since I'm living out of my suitcase while I travel around the US on vacation it means a  trip to the laundromat.

Laundromats are the place to go if you don't have a washing machine and dryer at your house, apartment or dorm.  It cost me $1 (~20,000 VND) to wash one load, 75 cents (~15,000 VND) for a single size laundry soap and $1.50 (~30,000 VND)  for the dryer.  And that's pretty cheap as far as laundromats go.  

Most people wait in the laundromat while their laundry is in the machines.  It can be boring to wait but you don't want someone to walk away with your clothes by theft or by accident.   While I was there someone accidentally, opened my dryer.  They realized it right away, closed the door and restarted the machine.

I brought a crossword puzzle book to do while I was waiting.  Now I have clean clothes again.  Hooray!



No comments:

Post a Comment