Tuesday, April 10, 2012

English Central ... Good Grades



Hear me read this post


This week I have picked a video from English Central that is easy and fun.  It features 2 of the characters from The Peanuts Comic.  Linus is the one doing all the talking and Charlie Brown is the round headed kid next to him. 

There are 2 things I would like to point out about this video:
1.  Linus says the words grammar school.   Grammar schools in the US are schools for children in grades Kindergarten to about 5th or 6th grade.  It is more common to hear the words elementary school. 
2.  At the end of the video Charlie Brown says, "Good Grief!"  Good Grief!  is an exclamation to express frustration or surprise. 

6 comments:

  1. Is this your voice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my voice on the audio link but it is not my voice in the English Central video.

      Delete
    2. Your voice's like a young girl's voice. I'm so surprise ^^ Anyway, what do you think about the attitude of the teacher in this link?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dasuQ9u8i0&feature=g-user-u&context=G2c02d05UCGXQYbcTJ33ZwuttZNapp7wZHd42zznZ2d-KiNzs8w1c

      Delete
    3. That's funny about my voice. You think the recording sounds different from when I speak in person?

      Thanks for sharing the video link. I liked it. The teacher in the video has lots of experience and education in languages. I think it can be very helpful if you want to fix a specific problem with your accent.

      Just don't think too much after you watch it! You want to just speak and communicate your thoughts naturally. You don't want to be thinking - is that a tense or relaxed word, how is that word spelled, am I supposed to lift my tongue, etc.

      Delete