Monday, April 23, 2012

Topic of the Week - Tips for Learning English

Listen to me read this post


The Topic for the week is ... Tips for Learning English. 

I'm guessing that if you are reading this blog you are trying to learn English.  Great!  You are in the right place.  This blog is for people who are trying to learn English and want to learn American English. 

But  this blog is a little different than your typical "Learn English" site because I'm not an English teacher.  I assume you already have one of those.  So, there aren't any grammar lessons.   There aren't any drills.  There is just a lot of talking , in English, for you to listen to. 

It's my opinion that if you listen to a lot of English at a level that is easy enough to understand you will improve your listening skills, your speaking skills, and your pronunciation skills.

That doesn't mean that grammar is not important or helpful to your learning.  It's just easier to find those lessons in a classroom, a book or the many excellent websites already on the internet. It's harder to find interesting topics in simple English that have audio and text. That's what I try to bring to you each week. 

So, that's  a little about my idea of how to learn English.  This week I will be bringing you links from other websites with other ideas.  How do you learn English?  What works best for you?  Share your ideas with me and the other readers by leaving a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie ^^* !
    It's so hot today that everybody is tired and headache >___< !! Are you ok ? :D.
    ****
    Thanks for sharing everything that is good for me ! And yeah~, i couldn't agree more , :) !! I know how important the grammar is , but i still choose the way to simple english even slang, or as u say it's fast food english !! And seems it's the right way with me , :D. I'm so sorry , you can see that there are a lot of mistakes i type here , but it's normal, right ? Because it will be fine in the next time, i hope so , :P !
    Honestly , i love english because it makes my world around me better . About 3 years ago , i was depressed and " lost way ". I was online more than 16 hours per day ! :P. And that's way i started my english . The first time it was so difficult and seems it's a long drama with me !!! ....... Sumary, I wrote down my thought when i didn't want to face with my weakness , it's easier in english , :D ! I made friends with people are from other countries. My close friend is from King of Saudi Arabia ( KSA), she always stands by me and raises me up , that's great !! I read news global economy , inflation. I searched information for the presention in class .... So i can know where i'm in and what i have to do for my future, who i will be when i'm good at english ....
    Finally, that stressful time is over !! And i'm focusing on the way i'm going.... Thanks to God ^^!!!
    ***
    PS : with the A.C , we are one ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I'm really glad you have gotten over the stressful time in your life and you are feeling better about yourself. I think you are wonderful and talented! Learning another language is not easy so be proud of what you have accomplished.

      Cassie

      Delete