Friday, April 13, 2012

If I had to pick something ...

Listen to me read this post


In the last post I talked about the common interview question -  What is your biggest weakness?

This was the example that I gave

If I had to pick something, I would say my weakness is meeting deadlines.

You may be wondering why I started my answer with the phrase...  If I had to pick something

Well, wonder no more... I used this phrase because it's a common way to answer a question in American English that you don't really want to answer. 

But you don't have to take my word for it.  Check out the website PhraseMix for a more detailed explanation.  To find the post on this question and phrase click here

After you finish reading that post you will want to go to the  PhraseMix home page and check out all the other things they have to offer.  PhraseMix is a terrific website for learning English.  Everyday, website author Aaron Knight publishes a new phrase and explains it's use in clear easy to understand English.  It is a great learning tool so, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment