Friday, April 13, 2012

Interview Question - What is your biggest weakness?

Listen to me read this post


Sometimes when you are applying to college or applying for a scholarship, you will have to do an interview.  It is a good idea to practice ahead of time and think of answers to common interview questions.  For example, How would you answer this question -

What is your biggest weakness?

This can be a difficult question to answer.  You don’t want to appear unqualified by saying things like I’m addicted to drugs or I never go to class.  You want to pick something that can be turned into a positive but you also want to show the interviewer that you are a real person with good points and bad points.  But the bad points aren’t terrible and you are working on improving those faults. 

For example...


If I had to pick something, I would say my weakness is meeting deadlines.  In high school, I often lost grade points for turning in assignments late.  But I've been working on that problem and have started using a calendar to help me use my time better and my grades have really improved. 


Another way you can answer this question is by pointing out your lack of experience in a specific area and how being selected will help you solve it.


For example....


I really want to become a research biologist but I lack experience using modern lab equipment.  That's why I choose your college.  You have a great biology lab with all of the latest equipment and this will allow me to get the experience I need to suceed. 

You never know exactly what an interviewer will ask you but if you think about and practice common interview questions ahead of time, you will feel more relaxed and prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment