Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Topic of the Week - Road Traffic Safety


Listen to me read this post


Wow I'm really late posting the new topic of the week.  But it's an important topic so I hope you will forgive me.  Our new Topic of the Week for May 8 - 14, 2012 is Road Traffic Safety and specifically helmet safety. 

I'm really excited to be able to talk about this subject because it's important here in Vietnam where motorbikes are the main form of transportation.  Did you know 70 percent of all traffic accidents involve motorbikes and it is the leading cause of death in young people ages 15 - 29 years of age. I don't want that to happen to you.  I want you to live a long and healthy life so that is why this subject is so important. 
     
I went to a training session yesterday with the Asia Injury Prevention Foundation.   You can find their website at www.asiainjury.org and I went to their training session and I learned alot of information that I will be sharing with you on this blog about why it's important to wear a helmet, how to pick a safe helmet and how to wear it properly. 

But if you are one of my readers from the American Center Hanoi you can attend a special event to launch Road Traffic Safety Week.  Monday May 14 at the American Center there will be a presentation on Road Traffic Safety and a Poster contest with prizes. That's right I said prizes! You could win a custom Pro-tec helmet.  I hear it has a special design and it's really cool.  And of course, it's a good helmet to protect your head. So, be sure to come.  You can find all the the information on the American Center website at vietnam.usembassy.gov/program.html and of course, you can find all of those websites in the show notes. I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for listening.  This has been Cassie Brenn for fastfoodenglish.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment